My Photo Slides


Saturday, May 5, 2007

Porridge Crisis

I have been so “geram” (Frustrated) today that I found out my mum in law did not cook my darling son porridge with the ingredient I have prepared for her.

About a month ago, I grain the rice and ikan bilis into powder just the sake of ease her for cooking the porridge. After a few feeding, she commented that the rice powder which I DIY is not fine enough where she said she can get the grain rice powder is as fine as flour; but that still have to wait for someone to go back to Ipoh and get it. She also commented that the ikan bilis very fishy, not fresh lah and so on..Ipoh ikan bilis is better lah..blah, blah, blah.. I even don’t know how she cook which I thought she knows, she said the result of putting the ikan bilis powder into the porridge are totally tasteless. I think she might have use the wrong method of cooking the porridge. So, she adds soy sauce to my son’s porridge which I don’t think is good for my 7 mths old son.

Anyway, I thought she might just still cook with what I have prepare but than today I found out that she actually cook the normal rice (not my DIY product) and add with water not even the ikan bilis powder. So, I nicely ask her why don’t she just add in the ikan bilis and cook together with the rice in the slow cooker, the result will be nice and sweet then no need to put soy sauce, but she just kept quite..

I look for my DIY product in the kitchen but then totally lost. So gerammmmm…. Totally no idea how to handle this situation. Maybe from now on, I will just cook my own porridge to my darling son on Saturday and Sunday only, then rest of the day let her cook what she want. Don’t care whether she likes it or not..;(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

tell me about it! my sil and mil loves eat salt so much.. add alot salt in my Sean porridge. They must like eating salt.. coz dh also like salty food!!

DavidBong said...

MIL can be irritating most of the times especially when they are "old" and have fixed mindset that their way of bringing up children are better than the young mothers now.

Just bear with her and take comfort that MIL don't have much time left on earth. But sometimes, they also can help us a lot when we need it.

Mandy Khoo said...

Hi,

I know sometimes respect is needed esp to the elderly. I always respect my MIL but come to certain extend, my kid's health are more important.

I will listen to her on any area like what my kids wear, what my kids should behave but not my kids' health.

Sorry Mother, you have to bear with me on this. Other things no problem, i will listen to you...