My Photo Slides


Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Shawn Having High Fever

Shawn having his fever started on Sunday evening. I gave him panadol in liquid form and that night he slept well but yesterday night he seems like getting worst as he can not sleeps well the whole night. He woke up a few times in the mid night and I tried offer him my breast to comfort him. He did sucks for a while but still continue to cry to show how uncomfortable he was.

This morning when Samuel called me during my office hour, I can hear my little Shawn crying none stop over the phone and so I decided to bring him to the paed. Took 2 hrs off from work and off back to home and pick Shawn to the paed. Well, Dr said he is having viral infection which my mum and my MIL is having the flu and cough also these few days. I guess Shawn is infected by them.

Come to think about it, how come a BF baby can not fight with the normal virus? His antibody is not strong enough to fight?? I am trying to wean him off for the past 1 month and only BF Shawn during night time (2 times only) and just started to replace one night feed with formula for the past few nights. Now my main concern is that will that be the cause his antibody become low?? I remember when his 1st teeth came out, he do not have any fever at all. Wonder why?? Is it also because only 7 months of breast feeding doesn't seems long enough to help him to build up the antibody?? or maybe it's just part of his growing journey no matter he is formula feed or breast feed..

After his visit to the paed and took the medicine, he seems to feel better and I hope he can have a good sleep tonight and of course for me as well.....

PS : Shawn also having a few spots of fungus at his bottom but Dr says it is small matter. The fungus might be due to some infection in his stomach and causes the stool carried with virus which his baby skin can not take it and form the fungus at the later stage. But anyway, Dr says no worries; a small can of cream will heal all the fungus.

No comments: